Our client, located in downtown Chicago, is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their growing team. The Senior Accountant will report to the Controller and be mainly responsible for supporting the Controller with financial analysis, project involvement and support for all warranty and deferred revenue accounting. Responsibilities include the month-end close process, marketing financial support and accruals and tax compliance work. This role will also help develop reporting through the use of automated tools (Spreadsheet Server and Board), accounting research and ensuring GAAP/IFRS correctness.
- Calculate monthly accounting reserves for warranties. Prepare monthly warranty provision.
- Track deferred revenue activity and prepare journals to record deferred revenue
- Work closely with Marketing to develop and implement enhanced and simplified monthly expense accruals.
- Work closely with Sales Operations to develop and implement enhanced and simplified monthly customer pricing claim expense accruals.
- Provide financial support and analysis, including KPI development, to Marketing and Sales Operations for expenses and customer pricing claim costs.
- Calculate periodic accounting reserves for total company authorized returns (Material Return Authorization [MRA] and FASB 48).
- Reconcile key accounts assigned and coordinate monthly account reconciliation package.
- Run the monthly GL consolidation process. Verify accuracy and issue monthly consolidated trial balances.
- Support tax functions as assigned.
- Both assist and provide coordination with audits. This would include maintaining the Prepared by Client (PBC) status list, preparing audit schedules, preparing audit footnote schedules and working closely with both internal and external auditors.
- Provide support to the Accounting Manager in the preparation of financial reporting packs and variance analyses.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting with 3+ years of experience in financial accounting, preferably with public accounting and/or management consulting experience
- CPA preferred
- Experience with SAP, S4 Hana Public Cloud a plus or other large ERP system.
- Experience with Spreadsheet Server a plus