Director of Compliance
Our client, a premier non-profit organization, is seeking a Director of Compliance and Risk Management to join their team. This is a newly created role and will report directly to the VP of Finance. This role be responsible for all compliance processes and procedures acorss the organization to ensure compliance with all revenue streams (public and private funding).
- Oversee and manage organizational compliance to ensure best practices for related internal policies, procedures, and practices. Analyze risks and design compliance strategies to address those risks.
- Partner with other leaders to provide education, coordinate compliance auditing and monitoring activities, and conduct compliance investigations.
- Contribute to building organizational capacity and technical knowledge of contract regulations and requirements and collaborate with teams to build greater capability in contract management across the organization.
- Serve as the primary contact for the organization’s legal counsel to shepherd contracts with partners, subcontractors, and funders through the negotiation process, identifying implications for the organization’s program, research, professional development, and policy work. Document and monitor contracts in place and execution of contract agreements and deliverables.
- Serve as a primary resource on intellectual property issues and questions with staff and external partners, in coordination with knowledge management.
- Participate in internal workgroups, cross-divisional project teams, committees, and meetings.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of all aspects of the organization’s work, as is necessary to articulate the organization’s vision, goals, strategy, and impact in the field of early childhood education.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or legal management is required.
- A degree in JD is preferable
- Minimum 7 years of experience in compliance, auditing or risk management.
- Non-profit industry experience highly preferable, but not required.