My client in Deerfield is looking for an Accounting Supervisor to join their team. This role will report directly to the Accounting Manager and manage three associates. The role will be primarily responsible to supervise the monthly close process, including the general accounting for the division, fixed assets, capital software, and cash accounting. This position also will be involved in the monthly and quarterly review of financials and assist in forecasting and financial planning.
- Review and approve journal entries and account reconciliations prepared by the team.
- Perform a monthly interface and reconciliation of several subsidiary trial balances with the SAP general ledger.
- Respond to inquiries and provide financial analysis support for multiple functional areas.
- Investigate variances and follow up with the business to ensure appropriate action is taken.
- Ensure compliance with all SOX requirements for related processes and controls.
- Support internal and external auditors in accumulation and preparation of required audit documentation and schedules.
- Manage people, processes, budgets, performance management, compliance activities, and associate development.
- Interact with and maintain working relationships with Finance, Operations, Internal Audit, subsidiary accountants, and other various internal and external contacts.
- Implement process improvements that result in improved efficiency and accuracy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA is required, and an MBA a plus
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience, including supervision of employees
- Strong overall understanding of the financial close process
- Knowledge of SAP is strongly preferred