Global Consolidation Financial Accounting Manager
Our client, located in downtown Chicago, is seeking a Manager of Financial Accounting, Group Consolidation to join their growing team. The role will report to the Senior Manager of Financial Accounting and be mainly responsible for managing day-to-day activities that support accounting activities for the Company. This includes responsibility for monthly close activities, managing coworkers on the team, liaising with non-US subsidiaries, working with external and internal auditors, understanding variances to either prior periods or plan, and performing special projects as needed.
- Manages a team of professionals that includes their coaching, development and performance management
- Acts as liaison between Finance and other departments within the organization
- Develops and maintains applicable accounting policies and procedures for areas under control
- Ensures that adequate financial controls are in place and are in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Coordinates monthly financial closes, set deadlines and standards for completion of financial statements
- Responsible for the monthly consolidation for the Company within Hyperion Financial Management
- Works with external and internal auditors to ensure financial statements adhere to accounting policies and good financial controls
- Review and approve journal entries and account reconciliations
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of data within Hyperion Financial Management (used for external financial reporting purposes)
- Oversight of the PeopleSoft general ledger system
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with 5 years of accounting experience and 1 year of management experience.
- CPA highly preferred
- Must be a Subject Matter Expert ("SME") in Hyperion Financial Management