Director of Finance & Operations
Our client, located in the loop, is seeking a Director of Finance and Operations to join their team. This position will report to the Group VP and will provide strategic and executive support to the Group VP, and will lead and manage all financial activities to meet business objectives and fiduciary requirements, including financial reporting, and financial analysis & forecasting.
- Provide leadership in the monthly review of short-term strategic financial objectives and performance against these objectives. Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts. Direct and oversee all aspects of Finance and Accounting functions of the organization.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure accurate reporting.
- Focus on profitability and risk management. Be knowledgeable in the economic risk, accounting, and risk management aspects. Develop and monitor profitability metrics to support business leader decision–making.
- Monitor company sponsored plan financial performance provided by insurance carriers. Coordinate annual carrier audits.
- Serve as a strategic partner to the business, providing executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities. Evaluate and advise on the financial impacts of introducing new programs/strategies. Conduct regular portfolio reviews to ensure the portfolio is optimal from a financial standpoint. Surface any issues that could affect our financial performance (e.g. evaluation of potential risks, assumption setting, product pricing) and profitability management opportunities. Advise on any potential regulatory action. Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance.
- Manage direct reporting staff. Set direction, objectives, and priorities. Evaluate staff performance.
- Bachelors of Science in Accounting or Finance
- MBA and/or CPA strongly preferred
- 10+ years of experience in finance leasership positions
- 5+ years experience working in an insurance environment.