Revenue Accounting, Systems Manager
Our client in downtown Chicago is looking for a Revenue Accounting, Systems Manager to join their team. This role will report into the Senior Manager, Revenue and will have 2-3 direct reports. This role will support the revenue accounting team to ensure revenue recognition is correctly integrated within their financial accounting systems (RevPro and PeopleSoft). The role will collaborate with technology teams in identifying system performance issues, driving process improvements, and suggesting design efficiencies. An ideal candidate is a self-starter, works backwards from customer needs and is curious to understand the complex integration between different systems in the revenue accounting process.
- Manages the financial data of the Company’s revenue sub-ledger and related financial accounting system interfaces (RevPro and PeopleSoft).
- Troubleshoots financial accounting systems integration issues by partnering with internal technical teams.
- Oversees the data for daily sales reporting, which is distributed to the Company’s executive team, and works with the technology teams or the revenue accounting team to resolve any identified issues.
- Advises Financial Accounting Systems needs in various revenue-related projects ensuring business needs are communicated and achieved.
- Identifies and manages system optimization opportunities to improve processes that will result in more effective, efficient and accurate financial results.
- Designs and maintains effective internal and audit control environment.
- Manages a team of professionals that includes their coaching, development and performance management.
- Participates in cross-functional special projects as required. This could include involvement in potential acquisitions and new revenue streams.
- Responsible for the operations and maintenance of the US revenue accounting system.
- Works closely with revenue accounting to ensure alignment on prioritization of work and projects, along with support of daily and month-end tasks.
- Leads technical process improvement and organizational design solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of data analytics/data management, business analysis, and/or program management experience in technology, process improvement, and/or organization design initiatives along with some general accounting/finance experience
- 1+ years of management experience
- Solid and current technical knowledge of how to establish structure to support successful initiatives including technical development life cycles, process improvement and organization design best practices, and change management strategies
- Experience and understanding of general accounting responsibilities
- RevPro, PeopleSoft highly preferred but will consider other ERP systems.
If interested, please apply or send your resume to Jeff Zaremba at firstname.lastname@example.org