Finance Process Control Senior Analyst
Our client, located in the northern suburbs, is seeking a Finance Process Control Senior Analyst to join their growing team. The role will report to the Manager of Financial Controls and be mainly responsible for managing technology, process improvement, and/or organization design endeavors needed by the finance organization; collaborates with functional leaders, IT team members, and external people to deliver successful results; evaluates efforts and shares learning’s; coaches and mentors peers and team members on ways to deliver project results.
- Ensures delivery of strategic Finance-based initiatives:
- Validates goals and gains agreement to how to measure results.
- Structures change management/adoption approach.
- Validates governance structure.
- Partners with internal and external resources needed for initiatives.
- Contributes ideas to the technical, process improvement, and organizational design solutions.
- Serves as the Product Owner to the Company’s Finance Data Strategy & Management.
- Responsible for maximizing the results of all technical changes/enhancements/fixes to a specific solution/application (i.e., FDM).
- Leads implementation of data governance operations model, and ultimately manages this area.
- Analyzes functional (project) data in order to develop ideas, approaches, and strategies for solutions.
- Constantly manages priorities for what needs to happen next with technical changes.
- Acts as data domain steward.
- Liaisons and collaborates with other functions that use Finance data.
- Sets data strategy and manages Finance Enterprise Data Model needs
- Applies knowledge of Finance measures and reporting in order to manage financial data domain – documenting data classification rules, compliance rules, and business rules for data in financial domain.
- Responsible for vision of management of financial data management application/solution.
- Participates in Strategic Roadmap Planning for the Finance organization, as related to Product Owner/Data Stewardship responsibilities.
- Distributes knowledge/experience throughout the finance organization, and the Company:
- Participates in cross-functional initiative reviews.
- Develops and delivers training and/or business-focused methodologies to finance team (e.g., adoption, change management).
- Builds relationships with internal and external people to continue to learn and share knowledge.
- Participates in cross-functional committees/teams to continue to learn and contribute ideas, approaches, tactics, and strategies.
- Creates artifacts, white papers, decks, articles to share within the Company.
- Bachelor's degree with 7 years of data analytics/data management, business analysis, and/or program management experience in technology, process improvement, and/or organization design initiatives
- Solid, current technical knowledge of how to establish structure to support successful initiatives including technical development life cycles, process improvement and organization design best practices, and change management strategies.