Medicare Part B Biller
Medicare B and Third Party Biller
My client in the northern suburbs is looking to add a Medicare B and Third Party Biller to join their team. The role will report to the Corporate Billing Manager and will be responsible for the following:
- Review and evaluate patient demographic information regarding Medicare Part B and third party billing, including updating payer sequencing.
- Process and bill Medicare Part B (and Advantage) services and all other secondary carriers related to the Medicare Part B (and Advantage) services, ensuring claims are submitted timely and in compliance with appropriate regulatory bodies as well as payer specific guidelines.
- Adjudicate charges, adjustments payments and denials in order to resolve all discrepancies as they relate to Medicare B, Advantage and third party payers in the billing software.
- Work with Business office to transfer balances to residents related to copayments, deductibles and patient responsibility as necessary (as they relate to Medicare B & Advantage services).
- Ensure coding accuracy (including but HCPCS, diagnosis, KX modifiers, type of bills, etc.) for Medicare B, Advantage and third party payer claims (as they relate to applicable services) and work with applicable departments to resolve errors or inaccurate data.
- Post payments from Medicare B, Advantage and third party payers to billing system ensuring total deposits and cash receipt journal are in agreement.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of the month end close in billing software as it relates to Medicare B and Advantage services.
- High School degree required, or working towards an advanced degree strongly preferred
- 3+ years of relevant Medical billing experience, preferable within a nursing home/retirement home company
- Knowledge of ZirMed (Way Star) software strongly preferred