Senior Financial Analyst
Our client, a premier hospital system in downtown Chicago, is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join their team. This is a newly created role due to growth. The role is responsible for the preparation and review of analysis for various business unit leadership, the internal board of directors, and regional reporting. The position is also charged with accounting, budgetary, and financial analysis activities as well as preparing complex functions and advanced reconciliations.
- Meet financial objectives by preparing and reviewing analysis; identifying and evaluating trends; analyzing variances; initiating any corrective actions or adjustments.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports, schedules, commentaries and supplemental material to be used by management.
- Mentors and supports members of the finance team as an informal leader.
- Research and interpret changes in accounting and financial reporting policy, applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Research and understand changes in the regulatory environment and the potential impact on reporting.
- Review work prepared by other members when necessary, including analysis, financial reporting, and reconciliations.
- Prepares analysis and support for management and the operating departments.
- Lead efforts to assess, modify, and/or develop and implement more timely and consistent processes/systems to increase efficiency, accuracy, and meaningfulness of information.
- Demonstrates knowledge in computer applications such as knowledge in databases, spreadsheets and word processing applications in a high complexity environment.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, adopting and implementing industry best practices, and participating in professional societies.
- Protect operations by keeping financial and patient information confidential.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance with 3+ years of healthcare industry experience.
- CPA / CHFP certification (strongly preferred)
- Experience with an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, preferably PeopleSoft