Senior Financial Analyst
Our client, located in the western suburbs, is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join their team. This position will support a $1.1B business unit of a $3B revenue company. The role will report to a Finance Manager, but have frequest expsoure to the senior executive leadership team, including working with the plant controllers directly.
- Prepares and analyzes income and balance sheet statements, consolidated statements, and various other accounting statements and reports
- Analyzes financial reports, making studies or recommendations relative to the accounting for reserves, assets, expenditures, revenues, etc.
- Performs complex financial analysis. Analyze and evaluate the company’s operating results and financial position. Analyze options for company improvement on expenses. Prepare product line profitability analysis.
- Leads in coordination of accounting matters with other departments, locations, and plant
- Serves as resource for management in effecting efficiency and cost improvements
- Functions as team lead within the department and on inter-departmental task forces
- Identifies and frequently implements ideas or practices for improved efficiency and/or accuracy
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in finance or accounting with 4+ years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- CPA is strongly preferred
- Experience with an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, preferably SAP, Essbase, and Business Objects