External Financial Reporting Manager
Our client is seeking a Manager of External Financial Reporting to join their team. The position provides supervisory oversight and support to various reporting functions within a Business Unit or functional area of responsibility. Additionally, it ensures production of accurate and timely external reports, including SEC filings (Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, Form 8-K, etc.) and non-SEC filings (FERC Form 1, FERC Form 3Q, filings related to financing activities, etc.). This position will lead and guide staff accountants within Business Unit or functional area of responsibility.
- Supervise key aspects of the SEC and FERC reporting process, including drafting disclosures, processing changes, ensuring accuracy and consistency throughout the document, maintaining quarterly list of disclosure items and coordinating with the printer.
- Interact with Business Units, Controller’s Group, Investor Relations, Treasury, internal and
external legal counsel, and the internal and external auditors to accomplish goals and ensure efficiency and effectiveness of information exchange.
- Complete key financial and disclosure controls to ensure a strong control environment.
- Research and appropriately apply new accounting pronouncements; benchmark SEC filings from other companies.
- Prepare data request responses and answer ad-hoc requests for internal and external customers. Assist and support applicable merger integration and other miscellaneous projects.
- Assist as appropriate in the supervision of staff accountants, including the review of information prepared to ensure completion of tie-out binders, checklists, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting is required; MBA highly preferred
- CPA required
- 8+ years of related experience, including 2-3 years in management with demonstrated success leading a professional staff
- Big-4 public accounting experience highly preferred with regulatory/utility/FERC reporting or energ industry experience
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and understanding of Accounting theory, principles, practices and regulations including FASB/GAAP, SEC and SOX compliance
- Understands requirements for documentation in work papers, disclosures and memos; demonstrated ability to document a broad range of technical issues