Corporate Accounting Manager
Our multi-billion dollar, global client in downtown Chicago is seeking an Accounting Manager for their corporate office. The company is comprised of more than 100 businesses globally with over 10 business units that all roll up into corporate. This role will report to the VP/Corporate Controller and will lead all aspects of the corporate accounting team. This has very high visibility to senior leadership at corporate plus with all the sector businesses. The role will have one direct report, a senior accountant.
The career track for this role can go multiple directions. There is a path to an Assistant Controller role down the road, another role within the corporate office, or a senior leadership role at one of the company’s subsidiary companies.
Compensation will range from $95K – $125K plus 20% annual bonus target!
- Manage the monthly close process, including account reconciliations, loading data to Hyperion, and variance analysis
- Maintain general ledgers for various entities supported by the corporate office
- Serve as a liaison between business units and corporate accounting
- Ensure compliance with all corporate accounting policies and internal controls
- Assist with quarterly and annual reporting and budgeting
- Oversee all cash and accounts payable transactions
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field.
- 5+ years of relatable experience in Big4 and/or in a large multinational company
- CPA and/or advanced degree strongly preferred
- Sage and/or Hyperion experience a plus
- A “roll up your sleeves” attitude and willingness to do the day-to-day work