Chief Financial Officer
Marco & Associates has been exclusively retained by a global leader in manufacturing to conduct a confidential search to identify, qualify, and attract one outstanding and talented finance professional to serve as their Chief Financial Officer. This individual will be a strategic partner in the growth and performance improvement of their recent expansion into North America.
Following their acquisition of several production facilities, they have retained key operations and sales personnel and have assembled a support team in their offices in the western suburbs of Chicago.
As the parent company continues to invest into modernization and other operational efficiencies, key responsibilities of this role will be to provide critical insight to leadership regarding cost containment and meaningful and timely financial reporting.
Identifying candidates that possess both technical proficiency in these areas as well as being self-motivated is crucial to the success of this position. The CFO will need to drive performance results while effectively managing staff and business partner relationships domestically and at the parent offices.
Their industry has seen major shifts in consumer preferences over time and ongoing conversion of production capabilities is a necessity. Leadership will rely on the CFO to understand risks and opportunities of strategic capital deployment, strengthen banking relationships and guide the business toward sustained and predictable profitability.
Chief Financial Officer
Strategy, Planning and Management
- Act as Chief Financial Officer and strategic business partner to senior executive leadership team.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Identify, acquire, and implement systems to provide critical financial and operational information and suggest options for automating processes and increasing working efficiency.
- Establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Implement policies, procedures, and processes as deemed appropriate by Senior Leadership Team.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division, and weekly cash flow by division.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
- Manage financial planning and analysis department. Supervise creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations
- Lead the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases, and financial software. Provide regular maintenance and backup of all accounting systems.
- Ensure application of appropriate internal controls, compliance, and financial procedures.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state, and federal tax returns.
- Oversee preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools, and control systems.
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Oversee cash, investments, and asset management area.
- Explore new investment opportunities, analyze potential returns and risks.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
Financial Relations and Policies
- Engage finance committee and/or board of directors to develop short term and long-term plans, projections, and budgets.
- Represent company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, public auditors and officials.
Finance and Accounting Team Management
- Mentor and develop a team of 5 senior managers and/or directors, managing work allocation, systems training, and performance evaluations.
- Guide larger, cross-divisional teams outside of direct span of control within the three main company divisions.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO) – Position Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA preferred; CPA Required
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in finance, including at least 5 years as a CFO in a manufacturing company
- Strong preference to bilingual candidates with Chinese fluency (written, oral)
- “Hands On” ERP Systems Experience – SAP, JD Edwards or PeopleSoft experience preferred
Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence, executive presence and ability to motive and lead staff members.