Our client in downtown Chicago is seeking a Billing Supervisor to join their team. The role will report to the Controller and have six direct reports. The role will be mainly responsible for the Accounts Receivable function, lead collections calls, oversee collection of past due accounts, and make sure the entire Accounts Receivable process is ran smoothly. My client processes approximately 650 invoices a month. They use Great Plains so that is highly preferred (they will train on this). They are looking for someone with 3-5 years of experience, a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related degree, has prior management experience in AR, and someone that thrives in a rapidly growing/changing work environment. The company is rapidly growing so there is plenty of room for career advancement!
- Responsible for the Accounts Receivable function, and team, including direct support during peak periods and absences.
- Project lead on integrating invoicing/cash receipts of acquired companies by onboarding to existing model.
- Work with other departments (HR, Payroll, Account Executives) to ensure that timely and relevant communication occurs and to identify areas of potential improvement of day to day operations.
- Lead collection calls with weekly team meetings, oversee collection of past due accounts and assist in escalations when required.
- Gain a working knowledge of relevant contract terms such as: bill rates; payment terms; billing period; required support documentation; and, other terms and conditions pertaining to invoices.
- Ensure daily cash receipts are recorded accurately and timely into accounting system, oversee remote bank deposits and assist with issues on monthly bank statement reconciliations.
- Oversee and/or pull data from time keeping system for bi-weekly and monthly billing reports to upload to accounting system for invoicing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three to five years of equivalent work experience.
- At least two years of experience of supervising staff members.
- Experience with Great Plains strongly preferred or another ERP system.