We are working with a client in the loop who would like to bring on a consultant to support the organization’s tax function.
Candidate must have extensive experience preparing state income tax returns and working with CorpTax.
– Maintain required level of technical knowledge.
– Prepare estimated federal and state income tax payments.
– Research and prepare work papers for various book to tax differences.
– Perform year-end accrual review and prepare the tax provision.
– Prepare various federal and state income tax returns.
– Prepare various personal property tax returns.
– Prepare/Review other various tax filings: Annual reports, Intangible Tax, Sales and Use Tax.
– Research projects.
– Assist in federal and state audits.
– Maintain our tax preparation system.
– Keep abreast of current developments in the tax area.
– Provide an information source in the tax area within the company.
– Other tax projects as they arise.
– Assist in financial planning and analysis.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent; or two to four yearsâ€™ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working for a Big 4 public accounting firm is strongly preferred. Combination of public accounting and industry experience is preferable.
- CPA required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word and; CorpTax or similar tax software.