Our client, located in the loop, is seeking a Finance Manager to joing their team. The role will report to the Assistant Director of FP&A and will lead the finance team in monthly financial reporting, including budgeting, forecasing, variance analysis, and ad-hoc reporting.
- Supports Division Leaders in the development and monitoring of budgets, projected revenue, operating costs, capital and extraordinary expenditures.
- Takes lead role in the analysis of assigned divisions’ monthly financials and issues summary with recommendations for formal forecasting
- Monitors assigned divisions to ensure that internal and external financial regulations and policies are met.
- Orients and provides technical assistance to staff regarding financial procedures and required documentation mandated by funders.
- Identifies adjusting journal entries and assures they are submitted in a timely manner for monthly closes and the year-end close.
- Provides approval for expenditures as designated. Works with the division staff to ensure a timely submission of invoices to accounts payable.
- Assures payroll information in the General Ledger, as well as the supporting subsidiary ledger, is accurate.
- Prepares financial reports for internal leadership and external stakeholders.
- Works in collaboration with the Grants Budget Manager in the development of grant budgets and establishment of compliance standards to monitor the spend-down of the private grants.
- Makes recommendations regarding shifts in allocation of funding where needed in order to balance expenses with budgets.
- Assists with the development of internal accounting and finance policies and procedures.
- Participates in Finance division meetings and other assigned workgroups.
- Develops and maintains expertise in the accounting systems, including Navision, Concur, Adaptive, Jet Reports and the salary database.
- Identifies and proactively researches and makes recommendations for process improvement opportunities as well as best system utilization.
- Bachelors of Science in Accounting or Finance
- MBA and/or CPA strongly preferred
- 8+ years of experience in progressive finance positions